Email Me:
Tchrgrl@gmail.com

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hot Cheese Dip with Cracker Crust and Hot Pepper Jelly

Okay, I know this is not a recipe blog. However, every time I serve this dip, I am hunted down for the recipe so I thought I would share this with you.

I am making it for a Memorial Day party today.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 8oz block of cream cheese 4 green onions chopped (I use 5-6 because I love onions)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers or generic
1/2 or 1 stick of butter, melted
Hot Pepper Jelly (I have made it with red or green, but recently I bought a yellow one at the farmer's market)

 Directions: Mix cheddar, cream cheese, chopped onion, and mayonnaise. Put in 9x9 square glass baking dish or similar. Crush crackers and add melted butter, mix. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread hot pepper jelly on the top and return to oven for 5-10 minutes. (I usually put the hot pepper jelly in a bowl and smash it with a spoon so it is easier to spread.) Serve with crackers. I use pita crackers or something that is not Ritz crackers.


http://teachingtrio.blogspot.com/p/sunday-scoop.html 

Here is a link to my last blog post that has links to 2 free phonics powerpoints and interactive activities to go with them: 


Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!!

Anna

1 comment:

  1. The Hot Cheese Dip sound good! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete